Saturday, July 17, 2010

Travel Day -- Posted 1 Day late...


Friday, July 16, 2010
We've arrived safely in Ecuador. It feels good to finally be here after all the anticipation. God blessed our journey in many ways – our baggage arrived in good (albeit wet) condition and we had no difficulty at all getting through customs.

The Quito airport closed down to further air traffic immediately after we landed. We flew through heavy cloud cover (fog) and thunderstorms from Atlanta to Quito, so they were not allowing any later flights to land due to heavy fog, meaning some flights were diverted to other airports. We were grateful to learn we had avoided that situation – it would have complicated things enormously. God is good...

It is quite chilly here in Quito – around 55 degrees or so when we landed (~10:15 pm Ecuador time -- 11:15 Spartanburg time).

Saturday, July 17. 2010
When we got to the guest house last night, we carried our luggage up 3 flights of stairs and had a debriefing meeting. Well after midnight, I was able to get on the internet and, exhausted, reminded myself of the love/hate relationship I have with modern technology. I opened up my blog from my favorites list and found it was all in Spanish. Unable to read a word of it, I closed the computer and went to bed.

Tomorrow, I'll post about our first day in Ecuador. Hint: I loved it and I'm so exhausted I can hardly write another word...

4 comments:

  1. The message at church today was about God's providence. Your post regarding your travels was evidence of His providence in your life. You are in Ecuador "for such a time as this".

    Whitney, Sr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mom! I'm thrilled to hear you're having a great time! Can't wait to read your blog updates... Love you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and please take LOTS of photos and post them on Flickr!!!!! Please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendi,
    Great!! I am still reading your blog, but I was so excited and tempted to go through photos first. I am loving it.

    We miss you alot! From all of us.
    " The Kenyan's".

    ReplyDelete